No Okami sequel yet
Despite rave reviews for both the PS2 original and the Wii-based port which followed, the critically adored Okami is not guaranteed a sequel, Capcom this week confirm.
The Japanese publisher have this week told fans in no uncertain terms that the title will have to sell more copies before the a new title can be commissioned by the game maker.
"I think we need a lot more people buying the current version before we seriously consider a sequel," admitted VP of strategic planning Christian Svensson, talking on the firm's official forums. Svensson wouldn't be drawn on sales to-date, either: "Alas, unless our investor relations team gives out the numbers, I can't do so. And in both cases (Okami and Wii adventure Zack and Wiki), they haven't."
The executive also admitted that Okami hadn't got the retail exposure its high review scores perhaps deserved, those commenting noting that it is sometimes hard to find a copy in shops.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey