No Okami sequel yet
Despite rave reviews for both the PS2 original and the Wii-based port which followed, the critically adored Okami is not guaranteed a sequel, Capcom this week confirm.
The Japanese publisher have this week told fans in no uncertain terms that the title will have to sell more copies before the a new title can be commissioned by the game maker.
"I think we need a lot more people buying the current version before we seriously consider a sequel," admitted VP of strategic planning Christian Svensson, talking on the firm's official forums. Svensson wouldn't be drawn on sales to-date, either: "Alas, unless our investor relations team gives out the numbers, I can't do so. And in both cases (Okami and Wii adventure Zack and Wiki), they haven't."
The executive also admitted that Okami hadn't got the retail exposure its high review scores perhaps deserved, those commenting noting that it is sometimes hard to find a copy in shops.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto