Kinect 2 heading to PC next week
Microsoft has finally made Kinect 2 available to pre-order for Windows PCs with a release date of next week.
The peripheral will be available to developers to begin with to allow them to build apps for the natural interface using the Windows SDK version 2.0. For now Kinect 2 for Windows is just meant for developers and Microsoft emphasises that it doesn't ship with any software.
The Xbox One is now available without the peripheral while Kinect 2 will be released on its own for the Xbox One in the autumn.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today