Kinect 2 heading to PC next week
Microsoft has finally made Kinect 2 available to pre-order for Windows PCs with a release date of next week.
The peripheral will be available to developers to begin with to allow them to build apps for the natural interface using the Windows SDK version 2.0. For now Kinect 2 for Windows is just meant for developers and Microsoft emphasises that it doesn't ship with any software.
The Xbox One is now available without the peripheral while Kinect 2 will be released on its own for the Xbox One in the autumn.
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released