Kinect 2 heading to PC next week
Microsoft has finally made Kinect 2 available to pre-order for Windows PCs with a release date of next week.
The peripheral will be available to developers to begin with to allow them to build apps for the natural interface using the Windows SDK version 2.0. For now Kinect 2 for Windows is just meant for developers and Microsoft emphasises that it doesn't ship with any software.
The Xbox One is now available without the peripheral while Kinect 2 will be released on its own for the Xbox One in the autumn.
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword