Kinect 2 heading to PC next week
Microsoft has finally made Kinect 2 available to pre-order for Windows PCs with a release date of next week.
The peripheral will be available to developers to begin with to allow them to build apps for the natural interface using the Windows SDK version 2.0. For now Kinect 2 for Windows is just meant for developers and Microsoft emphasises that it doesn't ship with any software.
The Xbox One is now available without the peripheral while Kinect 2 will be released on its own for the Xbox One in the autumn.
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow