Ubisoft Quebec to lead development on the next Assassin's Creed game
Ubisoft has announced that development duties on the follow-up to Assassin's Creed: Unity will be handled by Ubisoft Quebec.
The series has been under the stewardship of Ubisoft Montreal but it seems the time has come for another Ubisoft studio to take the reigns and have a go at the series.
A Ubisoft representative said, “Montreal will continue to be a lead studio for other AC titles. And Montreal and Quebec will continue to collaborate with each other and with other Ubisoft studios – that’s been key for making sure each Assassin’s Creed title offers something new and creative for players.”
Ubisoft Quebec is a relatively new studio in the Ubisoft fold having released their first titles Open Season and Rainbow Six: Critical Hour in 2006. They've also had experience of the series before having handled the Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed IV as well as contributing to Brotherhood, Revelations and this year's Unity.
“We are one of Ubisoft’s flagship studios in the creation of the highest quality online, connected, and mobile gaming worlds,” Ubisoft Quebec MD Nicolas Rioux said. “We have many years of experience on major Ubisoft franchises such as Prince of Persia, Heroes of Might & Magic, Watch Dogs, and Assassin’s Creed. We are thrilled that we will be heading up one of the next episodes of this major Ubisoft brand.”
Thanks All Games Beta.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto