Ubisoft Quebec to lead development on the next Assassin's Creed game
Ubisoft has announced that development duties on the follow-up to Assassin's Creed: Unity will be handled by Ubisoft Quebec.
The series has been under the stewardship of Ubisoft Montreal but it seems the time has come for another Ubisoft studio to take the reigns and have a go at the series.
A Ubisoft representative said, “Montreal will continue to be a lead studio for other AC titles. And Montreal and Quebec will continue to collaborate with each other and with other Ubisoft studios – that’s been key for making sure each Assassin’s Creed title offers something new and creative for players.”
Ubisoft Quebec is a relatively new studio in the Ubisoft fold having released their first titles Open Season and Rainbow Six: Critical Hour in 2006. They've also had experience of the series before having handled the Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed IV as well as contributing to Brotherhood, Revelations and this year's Unity.
“We are one of Ubisoft’s flagship studios in the creation of the highest quality online, connected, and mobile gaming worlds,” Ubisoft Quebec MD Nicolas Rioux said. “We have many years of experience on major Ubisoft franchises such as Prince of Persia, Heroes of Might & Magic, Watch Dogs, and Assassin’s Creed. We are thrilled that we will be heading up one of the next episodes of this major Ubisoft brand.”
Thanks All Games Beta.
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare