Ubisoft Quebec to lead development on the next Assassin's Creed game
Ubisoft has announced that development duties on the follow-up to Assassin's Creed: Unity will be handled by Ubisoft Quebec.
The series has been under the stewardship of Ubisoft Montreal but it seems the time has come for another Ubisoft studio to take the reigns and have a go at the series.
A Ubisoft representative said, “Montreal will continue to be a lead studio for other AC titles. And Montreal and Quebec will continue to collaborate with each other and with other Ubisoft studios – that’s been key for making sure each Assassin’s Creed title offers something new and creative for players.”
Ubisoft Quebec is a relatively new studio in the Ubisoft fold having released their first titles Open Season and Rainbow Six: Critical Hour in 2006. They've also had experience of the series before having handled the Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed IV as well as contributing to Brotherhood, Revelations and this year's Unity.
“We are one of Ubisoft’s flagship studios in the creation of the highest quality online, connected, and mobile gaming worlds,” Ubisoft Quebec MD Nicolas Rioux said. “We have many years of experience on major Ubisoft franchises such as Prince of Persia, Heroes of Might & Magic, Watch Dogs, and Assassin’s Creed. We are thrilled that we will be heading up one of the next episodes of this major Ubisoft brand.”
Thanks All Games Beta.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week