Minecraft on PS4 to offer worlds 36 times the size of those on PS3
Minecraft is probably going to be huge on next-generation console hardware as Mojang has revealed.
The Minecraft developer has revealed that Minecraft worlds on the PS4 will be 36 times the size of those on the PS3. Mojang's Owen Hill has also revealed that the PS4 version will include support for the DualShock 4's touchpad and sharing and streaming via the console's extensive social features.
“The clever devs at 4J are also taking advantage of the Dualshock 4′s unique features,” Hill said on the PS Blog. “You’ll be able to navigate all the menus (and craft) by using the touchpad and, of course, share and stream your experiences thanks to Playstation 4′s built-in social thingymabobs. It’s all completely optional, so don’t worry if you’re not keen on moving your thumbs or showing off your skills.”
Minecraft will hit the PS4 (and the Xbox One and PS Vita) this August.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today