Minecraft on PS4 to offer worlds 36 times the size of those on PS3
Minecraft is probably going to be huge on next-generation console hardware as Mojang has revealed.
The Minecraft developer has revealed that Minecraft worlds on the PS4 will be 36 times the size of those on the PS3. Mojang's Owen Hill has also revealed that the PS4 version will include support for the DualShock 4's touchpad and sharing and streaming via the console's extensive social features.
“The clever devs at 4J are also taking advantage of the Dualshock 4′s unique features,” Hill said on the PS Blog. “You’ll be able to navigate all the menus (and craft) by using the touchpad and, of course, share and stream your experiences thanks to Playstation 4′s built-in social thingymabobs. It’s all completely optional, so don’t worry if you’re not keen on moving your thumbs or showing off your skills.”
Minecraft will hit the PS4 (and the Xbox One and PS Vita) this August.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter