Minecraft on PS4 to offer worlds 36 times the size of those on PS3
Minecraft is probably going to be huge on next-generation console hardware as Mojang has revealed.
The Minecraft developer has revealed that Minecraft worlds on the PS4 will be 36 times the size of those on the PS3. Mojang's Owen Hill has also revealed that the PS4 version will include support for the DualShock 4's touchpad and sharing and streaming via the console's extensive social features.
“The clever devs at 4J are also taking advantage of the Dualshock 4′s unique features,” Hill said on the PS Blog. “You’ll be able to navigate all the menus (and craft) by using the touchpad and, of course, share and stream your experiences thanks to Playstation 4′s built-in social thingymabobs. It’s all completely optional, so don’t worry if you’re not keen on moving your thumbs or showing off your skills.”
Minecraft will hit the PS4 (and the Xbox One and PS Vita) this August.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet