Minecraft on PS4 to offer worlds 36 times the size of those on PS3
Minecraft is probably going to be huge on next-generation console hardware as Mojang has revealed.
The Minecraft developer has revealed that Minecraft worlds on the PS4 will be 36 times the size of those on the PS3. Mojang's Owen Hill has also revealed that the PS4 version will include support for the DualShock 4's touchpad and sharing and streaming via the console's extensive social features.
“The clever devs at 4J are also taking advantage of the Dualshock 4′s unique features,” Hill said on the PS Blog. “You’ll be able to navigate all the menus (and craft) by using the touchpad and, of course, share and stream your experiences thanks to Playstation 4′s built-in social thingymabobs. It’s all completely optional, so don’t worry if you’re not keen on moving your thumbs or showing off your skills.”
Minecraft will hit the PS4 (and the Xbox One and PS Vita) this August.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey