Minecraft on PS4 to offer worlds 36 times the size of those on PS3
Minecraft is probably going to be huge on next-generation console hardware as Mojang has revealed.
The Minecraft developer has revealed that Minecraft worlds on the PS4 will be 36 times the size of those on the PS3. Mojang's Owen Hill has also revealed that the PS4 version will include support for the DualShock 4's touchpad and sharing and streaming via the console's extensive social features.
“The clever devs at 4J are also taking advantage of the Dualshock 4′s unique features,” Hill said on the PS Blog. “You’ll be able to navigate all the menus (and craft) by using the touchpad and, of course, share and stream your experiences thanks to Playstation 4′s built-in social thingymabobs. It’s all completely optional, so don’t worry if you’re not keen on moving your thumbs or showing off your skills.”
Minecraft will hit the PS4 (and the Xbox One and PS Vita) this August.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year