Animal Crossing, Wii Speak revealed
At the their press shindig at E3 today Nintendo announced Animal Crossing: City Folk and a Wii Speak microphone product.
Animal Crossing was highly anticipated to be produced for the Wii audience since the console's release due to the internet connectivity afforded by a next-gen system.
The Wii Speak "community microphone" sits atop your receiver bar and allows conversation inside Animal Crossing amongst nearby players. The demonstration saw a group of avatars in Animal Crossing having a fishing competition nattering between themselves via Wii Speak. We'll have to see how this works in a real life environment, but it would be safe to say we'll probably see more games using this peripheral.
As with previous incarnations Animal Crossing will work in real-time, with a 24 hour clock, but with a new emphasis on communication - writing letters and community messageboard posts was demonstrated. The game promises complete freedom, with no goals to complete.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year