Animal Crossing, Wii Speak revealed
At the their press shindig at E3 today Nintendo announced Animal Crossing: City Folk and a Wii Speak microphone product.
Animal Crossing was highly anticipated to be produced for the Wii audience since the console's release due to the internet connectivity afforded by a next-gen system.
The Wii Speak "community microphone" sits atop your receiver bar and allows conversation inside Animal Crossing amongst nearby players. The demonstration saw a group of avatars in Animal Crossing having a fishing competition nattering between themselves via Wii Speak. We'll have to see how this works in a real life environment, but it would be safe to say we'll probably see more games using this peripheral.
As with previous incarnations Animal Crossing will work in real-time, with a 24 hour clock, but with a new emphasis on communication - writing letters and community messageboard posts was demonstrated. The game promises complete freedom, with no goals to complete.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny