Animal Crossing, Wii Speak revealed
At the their press shindig at E3 today Nintendo announced Animal Crossing: City Folk and a Wii Speak microphone product.
Animal Crossing was highly anticipated to be produced for the Wii audience since the console's release due to the internet connectivity afforded by a next-gen system.
The Wii Speak "community microphone" sits atop your receiver bar and allows conversation inside Animal Crossing amongst nearby players. The demonstration saw a group of avatars in Animal Crossing having a fishing competition nattering between themselves via Wii Speak. We'll have to see how this works in a real life environment, but it would be safe to say we'll probably see more games using this peripheral.
As with previous incarnations Animal Crossing will work in real-time, with a 24 hour clock, but with a new emphasis on communication - writing letters and community messageboard posts was demonstrated. The game promises complete freedom, with no goals to complete.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date