Animal Crossing, Wii Speak revealed
At the their press shindig at E3 today Nintendo announced Animal Crossing: City Folk and a Wii Speak microphone product.
Animal Crossing was highly anticipated to be produced for the Wii audience since the console's release due to the internet connectivity afforded by a next-gen system.
The Wii Speak "community microphone" sits atop your receiver bar and allows conversation inside Animal Crossing amongst nearby players. The demonstration saw a group of avatars in Animal Crossing having a fishing competition nattering between themselves via Wii Speak. We'll have to see how this works in a real life environment, but it would be safe to say we'll probably see more games using this peripheral.
As with previous incarnations Animal Crossing will work in real-time, with a 24 hour clock, but with a new emphasis on communication - writing letters and community messageboard posts was demonstrated. The game promises complete freedom, with no goals to complete.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year