CD Projekt RED rules out The Witcher and The Witcher 2 HD remakes for next-gen consoles
Polish RPG specialists CD Projekt RED have ruled out releasing HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.
Lead producer on the series Piotr Krzywonosiuk explained that the studio's main focus is getting The Witcher 3 poilished up to perfection in time for it's release next February and they aren't even considering remaking the previous two games.
He stated when asked about the possibility of remakes, "I don't think so. All of our focus is on [The Witcher 3] Wild Hunt. And then we have some other things going on, one of them being Cyberpunk. So I don't think it's in the plans."
As cool as HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 would be who really has a spare 200 hours to play through these classics again before they tackle The Witcher 3 and its 100 hours-plus of gameplay? The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February the 25th on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year