CD Projekt RED rules out The Witcher and The Witcher 2 HD remakes for next-gen consoles
Polish RPG specialists CD Projekt RED have ruled out releasing HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.
Lead producer on the series Piotr Krzywonosiuk explained that the studio's main focus is getting The Witcher 3 poilished up to perfection in time for it's release next February and they aren't even considering remaking the previous two games.
He stated when asked about the possibility of remakes, "I don't think so. All of our focus is on [The Witcher 3] Wild Hunt. And then we have some other things going on, one of them being Cyberpunk. So I don't think it's in the plans."
As cool as HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 would be who really has a spare 200 hours to play through these classics again before they tackle The Witcher 3 and its 100 hours-plus of gameplay? The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February the 25th on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny