CD Projekt RED rules out The Witcher and The Witcher 2 HD remakes for next-gen consoles
Polish RPG specialists CD Projekt RED have ruled out releasing HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.
Lead producer on the series Piotr Krzywonosiuk explained that the studio's main focus is getting The Witcher 3 poilished up to perfection in time for it's release next February and they aren't even considering remaking the previous two games.
He stated when asked about the possibility of remakes, "I don't think so. All of our focus is on [The Witcher 3] Wild Hunt. And then we have some other things going on, one of them being Cyberpunk. So I don't think it's in the plans."
As cool as HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 would be who really has a spare 200 hours to play through these classics again before they tackle The Witcher 3 and its 100 hours-plus of gameplay? The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February the 25th on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone