CD Projekt RED rules out The Witcher and The Witcher 2 HD remakes for next-gen consoles
Polish RPG specialists CD Projekt RED have ruled out releasing HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.
Lead producer on the series Piotr Krzywonosiuk explained that the studio's main focus is getting The Witcher 3 poilished up to perfection in time for it's release next February and they aren't even considering remaking the previous two games.
He stated when asked about the possibility of remakes, "I don't think so. All of our focus is on [The Witcher 3] Wild Hunt. And then we have some other things going on, one of them being Cyberpunk. So I don't think it's in the plans."
As cool as HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 would be who really has a spare 200 hours to play through these classics again before they tackle The Witcher 3 and its 100 hours-plus of gameplay? The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February the 25th on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer