CD Projekt RED rules out The Witcher and The Witcher 2 HD remakes for next-gen consoles
Polish RPG specialists CD Projekt RED have ruled out releasing HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.
Lead producer on the series Piotr Krzywonosiuk explained that the studio's main focus is getting The Witcher 3 poilished up to perfection in time for it's release next February and they aren't even considering remaking the previous two games.
He stated when asked about the possibility of remakes, "I don't think so. All of our focus is on [The Witcher 3] Wild Hunt. And then we have some other things going on, one of them being Cyberpunk. So I don't think it's in the plans."
As cool as HD remakes of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 would be who really has a spare 200 hours to play through these classics again before they tackle The Witcher 3 and its 100 hours-plus of gameplay? The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February the 25th on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year