Sleeping Dogs appears listed for next-gen consoles
United Front's entertaining Hong-Kong sandbox cop thriller Sleeping Dogs has been listed as coming out for next-gen consoles.
UK online retailer ShopTo has published a new listing (now removed) for PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game that was originally destined to be True Crime: Hong Kong before Activision canned it. The listing also gave a release date fo the 21st of November.
The studio said earlier this year, "So, we're making a new game! We can't say a lot about it right now, but you might have read about a trademark registration for something called Triad Wars? Well, we're super-excited that it's another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it's something we've wanted to do for ages, and we're very happy to be working with Square Enix again... but that's all we can give you for the time being – we'll have more information about what the game's going to be in 2014."
Sleeping Dogs was an excellent title when it was released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2012 and a next-gen version would be a welcome release especially if it is warming the ground for Triad Wars' potential appearance in 2015.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3