Steam Boy unveiled, the portable Steam Machine
One hardware developer has decided to take the Steam Machines concept that little bit further announcing a portable Steam Machine called SteamBoy.
The SteamBoy will be powered by a quad-core CPU with 4GB of RAM and will include a 32GB built-in memory card and a 5 inch 16:9 widescreen touchscreen. Controls come via two touchpads similar to those on the Steam Controller, four triggers and eight action buttons. On the face of it the SteamBoy may not be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines but the SteamBoy Team but they have assured gamers that it will be capable to play the majority of games on Steam.
The SteamBoy team stated, "SteamBoy won't be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines in the same way [the] Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita performance is not comparable to Wii U or PlayStation 4. However, it will be possible to play the majority of current games in Steam."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015