Steam Boy unveiled, the portable Steam Machine
One hardware developer has decided to take the Steam Machines concept that little bit further announcing a portable Steam Machine called SteamBoy.
The SteamBoy will be powered by a quad-core CPU with 4GB of RAM and will include a 32GB built-in memory card and a 5 inch 16:9 widescreen touchscreen. Controls come via two touchpads similar to those on the Steam Controller, four triggers and eight action buttons. On the face of it the SteamBoy may not be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines but the SteamBoy Team but they have assured gamers that it will be capable to play the majority of games on Steam.
The SteamBoy team stated, "SteamBoy won't be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines in the same way [the] Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita performance is not comparable to Wii U or PlayStation 4. However, it will be possible to play the majority of current games in Steam."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year