Steam Boy unveiled, the portable Steam Machine
One hardware developer has decided to take the Steam Machines concept that little bit further announcing a portable Steam Machine called SteamBoy.
The SteamBoy will be powered by a quad-core CPU with 4GB of RAM and will include a 32GB built-in memory card and a 5 inch 16:9 widescreen touchscreen. Controls come via two touchpads similar to those on the Steam Controller, four triggers and eight action buttons. On the face of it the SteamBoy may not be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines but the SteamBoy Team but they have assured gamers that it will be capable to play the majority of games on Steam.
The SteamBoy team stated, "SteamBoy won't be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines in the same way [the] Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita performance is not comparable to Wii U or PlayStation 4. However, it will be possible to play the majority of current games in Steam."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update