Steam Boy unveiled, the portable Steam Machine
One hardware developer has decided to take the Steam Machines concept that little bit further announcing a portable Steam Machine called SteamBoy.
The SteamBoy will be powered by a quad-core CPU with 4GB of RAM and will include a 32GB built-in memory card and a 5 inch 16:9 widescreen touchscreen. Controls come via two touchpads similar to those on the Steam Controller, four triggers and eight action buttons. On the face of it the SteamBoy may not be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines but the SteamBoy Team but they have assured gamers that it will be capable to play the majority of games on Steam.
The SteamBoy team stated, "SteamBoy won't be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines in the same way [the] Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita performance is not comparable to Wii U or PlayStation 4. However, it will be possible to play the majority of current games in Steam."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan