Steam Boy unveiled, the portable Steam Machine
One hardware developer has decided to take the Steam Machines concept that little bit further announcing a portable Steam Machine called SteamBoy.
The SteamBoy will be powered by a quad-core CPU with 4GB of RAM and will include a 32GB built-in memory card and a 5 inch 16:9 widescreen touchscreen. Controls come via two touchpads similar to those on the Steam Controller, four triggers and eight action buttons. On the face of it the SteamBoy may not be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines but the SteamBoy Team but they have assured gamers that it will be capable to play the majority of games on Steam.
The SteamBoy team stated, "SteamBoy won't be as powerful as other announced Steam Machines in the same way [the] Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita performance is not comparable to Wii U or PlayStation 4. However, it will be possible to play the majority of current games in Steam."
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V