Battlefield: Hardline beta is coming to all platforms
EA and DICE have announced that the beta for Battlefield: Hardline will be coming to other platforms.
DICE GM Karl-Magnus Troedsson stated that they will be holding betas on all of the platforms that they will be releasing the game on which is good news for Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 Battlefield fans who are eager to have a go at Visceral's cops and robbers spinoff of DICE's seminal military shooter franchise.
"We will have a beta on all platforms before release, but it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear," Troedsson stated. "We basically have code in the hands of players already, here at E3. We've never done that before. We do it both because we want their feedback of course, but also because in the background we are testing various things. We're going to continue doing more tests like this.”
The beta is currently running on the PC and PS4 and we have managed to get our hands on both versions. We'll be giving our beta impressions later on this week. Battlefield: Hardline is heading for release on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October the 21st in North America and October 24th in Europe.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like