Minecraft console versions outsell its PC counterpart
Mojang has revealed the latest crop of sales figures for Minecraft and it looks like it is now even bigger on consoles than it is on PC.
The new total sales for Minecraft across all platforms is 54 million. That includes PS3, Xbox 360, iOS and Android as well as the PC and Mac versions of the game. Mojang's Patrick Geuder revealed the latest total lifetime sales alongside the news that combined console sales have now passed the sales of the PC version of Minecraft.
He wrote on Twitter, “Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.”
All this has been achieved before Minecraft arrives on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One too. All three versions are due to be released in August.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year