Minecraft console versions outsell its PC counterpart
Mojang has revealed the latest crop of sales figures for Minecraft and it looks like it is now even bigger on consoles than it is on PC.
The new total sales for Minecraft across all platforms is 54 million. That includes PS3, Xbox 360, iOS and Android as well as the PC and Mac versions of the game. Mojang's Patrick Geuder revealed the latest total lifetime sales alongside the news that combined console sales have now passed the sales of the PC version of Minecraft.
He wrote on Twitter, “Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.”
All this has been achieved before Minecraft arrives on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One too. All three versions are due to be released in August.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto