Minecraft console versions outsell its PC counterpart
Mojang has revealed the latest crop of sales figures for Minecraft and it looks like it is now even bigger on consoles than it is on PC.
The new total sales for Minecraft across all platforms is 54 million. That includes PS3, Xbox 360, iOS and Android as well as the PC and Mac versions of the game. Mojang's Patrick Geuder revealed the latest total lifetime sales alongside the news that combined console sales have now passed the sales of the PC version of Minecraft.
He wrote on Twitter, “Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.”
All this has been achieved before Minecraft arrives on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One too. All three versions are due to be released in August.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone