Minecraft console versions outsell its PC counterpart
Mojang has revealed the latest crop of sales figures for Minecraft and it looks like it is now even bigger on consoles than it is on PC.
The new total sales for Minecraft across all platforms is 54 million. That includes PS3, Xbox 360, iOS and Android as well as the PC and Mac versions of the game. Mojang's Patrick Geuder revealed the latest total lifetime sales alongside the news that combined console sales have now passed the sales of the PC version of Minecraft.
He wrote on Twitter, “Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.”
All this has been achieved before Minecraft arrives on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One too. All three versions are due to be released in August.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year