Minecraft console versions outsell its PC counterpart
Mojang has revealed the latest crop of sales figures for Minecraft and it looks like it is now even bigger on consoles than it is on PC.
The new total sales for Minecraft across all platforms is 54 million. That includes PS3, Xbox 360, iOS and Android as well as the PC and Mac versions of the game. Mojang's Patrick Geuder revealed the latest total lifetime sales alongside the news that combined console sales have now passed the sales of the PC version of Minecraft.
He wrote on Twitter, “Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies.”
All this has been achieved before Minecraft arrives on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One too. All three versions are due to be released in August.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title