Xbox 2 powered by ATI
Big news today regarding future generation consoles, as graphics-hardware manufacturer ATI confirmed that they'd won the two horse race with Nvidia to power Microsoft's Xbox 2 console.
"We selected ATI after reviewing the top graphics technologies in development and determining that ATI's technical vision fits perfectly with the future direction of Xbox," commented Robbie Bach, senior VP of the Home and Entertainment Division.
ATI has been the rumoured 'Xbox Next' successor for some time, with speculation rife concerning Microsoft's rift with Nvidia over the pricing of the last Xbox, and the direction to take with the next system.
In related news, ATI risk upsetting their other major console client Nintendo with this deal, though given that (according to The Register) Cube production has apparently ceased pending warehouse clearance, ATI might feel their best interests are served by attempting to court both parties.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May