Microsoft consider "3D games"
No, we don't mean polygons (everyone uses them), rather 3D in the visual sense; coloured-glasses, eye-trickery, and fraudulent depth effects. Ubisoft are already doing it in Avatar... but Microsoft haven't decided yet.
XNA boss Chris Satchell told GI.biz that this emerging area is "extremely interesting", but shied away from Microsoft creating their own "3D games" anytime soon.
"This is a very interesting area of graphics technology," he enthused. "We have done experiments with this at Microsoft and the results are extremely interesting. However, the current systems that work well require wearing active shutter glasses and I think it is hard to be mainstream with asking people to wear headgear to play games."
So, when the headgear goes MS might be more interested. We'll keep you posted.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light