Destiny's PlayStation-exclusive content timed until autumn of 2015 “at least”
It seems that the PlayStation-exclusive content that is coming for Destiny is just timed-exclusive content although Xbox gamers may have a while to wait until it all becomes available.
PS4 and PS3 gamers will receive an extra Strike mission and an extra multiplayer map plus exclusive guns, armour and ships for all three classes of Guardian.
According to Amazon US's listing for Destiny though this content will eventually become available on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. It's not like the Call Of Duty DLC exclusivity deal which means that PC, PS4 and PS3 gamers have to wait a month for the packs though. The Amazon US listing states clearly that the exclusivity deal will run until “at least Fall 2015”.
Given that Destiny launches on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th this means that the content is PlayStation-exclusive for at least 12 months.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below