GTA IV set for PC?
Have a couple of enterprising website people tricked Rockstar into confirmed that a PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV is on the way? It seems unlikely, but certainly makes for an amusing read.
Basically, Rockstar technical support were emailed with a query related to a technical fault in the PC version of GTA IV. Yes, that's the PC version that the publisher haven't even announced yet.
A fictitious problem related to surround sound elicited the following response from the poor techie in question: "The PC version of GTA IV has not even been announced for release and is still in development so is not about to be released on a website we have no knowledge of."
Would a technical support rep know the game is in development? Who knows, but the website in question cites the rep further: "We are unsure when the PC version of the game will be released as we are only technical support and do not receive information on the matter. I would suggest keeping an eye on www.rockstargames.com for any information."
More on this nonsense as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3