Activision considering a PC port of Destiny
Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirschberg has revealed that they are looking at the possibility of producing a PC port of Destiny.
Speaking at E3 last week, Hirschberg stated that bringing Destiny to PC was a "a heavy point of discussion" and that it was "something we're talking about and looking at very carefully, and obviously it makes a lot of sense with the genre and the type of game it is."
He added, "You know, developing on PC is a different animal than developing for consoles and so we just want to make sure that we're putting one foot in front of the other and getting it right, and that it's of the highest possible quality."
As far as Bungie is concerned a PC version of Destiny is not off the table but right now all of their efforts are being focused on makin sure that the game will be as good as it can be on consoles first.
Bungie's community manager Eric Osborne stated back in November, "It’s a huge challenge to ship four platforms and a massive opportunity to reach a new audience. We know there are a lot of people out there asking for PC and we know that there are a lot of gamers that would willingly give us money, but what we have to do is make sure we’re focused enough to bring a good experience to any platform that we ship on."
Destiny is due out on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey