Activision considering a PC port of Destiny
Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirschberg has revealed that they are looking at the possibility of producing a PC port of Destiny.
Speaking at E3 last week, Hirschberg stated that bringing Destiny to PC was a "a heavy point of discussion" and that it was "something we're talking about and looking at very carefully, and obviously it makes a lot of sense with the genre and the type of game it is."
He added, "You know, developing on PC is a different animal than developing for consoles and so we just want to make sure that we're putting one foot in front of the other and getting it right, and that it's of the highest possible quality."
As far as Bungie is concerned a PC version of Destiny is not off the table but right now all of their efforts are being focused on makin sure that the game will be as good as it can be on consoles first.
Bungie's community manager Eric Osborne stated back in November, "It’s a huge challenge to ship four platforms and a massive opportunity to reach a new audience. We know there are a lot of people out there asking for PC and we know that there are a lot of gamers that would willingly give us money, but what we have to do is make sure we’re focused enough to bring a good experience to any platform that we ship on."
Destiny is due out on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet