Obsidian lightens the Bioware workload
As you may or may not know, Obsidian is a brand new development studio, founded by Feargus Urquhart, a former director at veteran RPG maestros Bioware. Indeed, his relationship with the powerhouse developer did not end at their parting, as it was confirmed yesterday (thanks to Eurogamer.net), that Obsidian will be working on a number of titles for Bioware, that the company is in the enviable position of not having time to work on; despite them being potential hits.
Naturally, Mr Urquhart seems rather pleased with this new relationship, which he hopes will allow his fledgling studio to make "an immediate impact". Bioware also seemed pleased that they would now have an opportunity to get more titles made: "BioWare is currently in the fortunate position of having more attractive looking opportunities on the table than we're capable of implementing while staying true to our fans' expectations of a quality gaming experience. We think several of these opportunities have the potential for critical and commercial success and are interested in exploring ways in which BioWare can expand its capacity to bring these projects to market," commented Greg Zeschuk.
Hopefully we'll have some more details on specific titles soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey