The freedom of Destiny means no split-screen support
Bungie has explained that there will be no split-screen multiplayer mode for their upcoming online shooter Destiny.
The Halo creators have a history of offering split-screen with the Halo series but Destiny community manager Eric Osborne revealed that their new shooter is s different kind of beast.
"We’re actually not supporting split-screen in Destiny,” Osborne stated. “We love split-screen. Obviously we have a legacy of supporting it. We know a lot of players love it. We love it." He continued, "But we really wanted to untether guardians. Even if you’re in a fireteam, you can go wherever you want. That level of freedom was really important for us. We know some players really like split-screen. Ultimately, you can’t build a game to suit every single player out there."
Destiny is currently running in first-look alpha on the PS4 and watch out for our first impressions of it over the weekend. A further PS4 and PS3 exclusive beta will begin on July the 19th. It will launch on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September 9th world wide.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto