Turbine crafting console release
Lord of the Rings Online creators Turbine are reportedly hard at work on a new console game, we learn today.
Time Warner, alongside other investors, recently pumped 40 million USD into the game maker, and we're told it'll be used in part to fund a title for consoles.
"The people that invested in us, Time Warner, one of the media giants getting into the MMO fold - that's obviously a big deal," said Turbine's Adam Mersky, talking to Kotaku.
Turbine add that the "huge distribution network" of Time Warner may be helpful in the future.
Turbine have hired some 60 developers since the beginning of 2008, with 40 positions still up for grabs.
D&D Online and LoTR Online will continue to grow, while the developer also eye other markets, such as China.
More from Turbine as we get it.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access