Turbine crafting console release
Lord of the Rings Online creators Turbine are reportedly hard at work on a new console game, we learn today.
Time Warner, alongside other investors, recently pumped 40 million USD into the game maker, and we're told it'll be used in part to fund a title for consoles.
"The people that invested in us, Time Warner, one of the media giants getting into the MMO fold - that's obviously a big deal," said Turbine's Adam Mersky, talking to Kotaku.
Turbine add that the "huge distribution network" of Time Warner may be helpful in the future.
Turbine have hired some 60 developers since the beginning of 2008, with 40 positions still up for grabs.
D&D Online and LoTR Online will continue to grow, while the developer also eye other markets, such as China.
More from Turbine as we get it.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag