Turbine crafting console release
Lord of the Rings Online creators Turbine are reportedly hard at work on a new console game, we learn today.
Time Warner, alongside other investors, recently pumped 40 million USD into the game maker, and we're told it'll be used in part to fund a title for consoles.
"The people that invested in us, Time Warner, one of the media giants getting into the MMO fold - that's obviously a big deal," said Turbine's Adam Mersky, talking to Kotaku.
Turbine add that the "huge distribution network" of Time Warner may be helpful in the future.
Turbine have hired some 60 developers since the beginning of 2008, with 40 positions still up for grabs.
D&D Online and LoTR Online will continue to grow, while the developer also eye other markets, such as China.
More from Turbine as we get it.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft