Nintendo has classic 2D and Prime-style 3D Metroid games in the works
While Samus Aran didn't make an official appearance at E3 this year Nintendo has promised that they do have 2D and 3D Metraoid games on the way.
They're currently discussing the series internally but they plan to talk about the future of the Metroid series to fans soon.
Nintendo's Shinya Takahashi said, “So it has been a while since we released the last one and we're having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we'll be able to share something about them.”
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released