E3 2014: Nintendo takes on Skylanders and Disney Infinity with Amiibo
Following in the footsteps of Disney and Activision, Nintendo has stated that they will be launching a series of figures that will interact with various titles.
The first series of Amiibo figures will feature Pikachu, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, the Animal Crossing Villager, Link, Kirby, the Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, and Donkey Kong. The figures will work by being pressed against the Wii U Game Pad.
Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Mario Party 10 are all reported to support Amiibos. However, Nintendo did not share specifics on any titles except Super Smash Bros., stating that you would be able to conjure the Amiibo into the game to assist you, spar against you, or fight with other Amiibos.
Nintendo will also in 2015 release a peripheral that will allow Amiibo support for the 3DS.
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced