E3 2014: Nintendo takes on Skylanders and Disney Infinity with Amiibo
Following in the footsteps of Disney and Activision, Nintendo has stated that they will be launching a series of figures that will interact with various titles.
The first series of Amiibo figures will feature Pikachu, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, the Animal Crossing Villager, Link, Kirby, the Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, and Donkey Kong. The figures will work by being pressed against the Wii U Game Pad.
Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Mario Party 10 are all reported to support Amiibos. However, Nintendo did not share specifics on any titles except Super Smash Bros., stating that you would be able to conjure the Amiibo into the game to assist you, spar against you, or fight with other Amiibos.
Nintendo will also in 2015 release a peripheral that will allow Amiibo support for the 3DS.
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon
- Former New York mayor Rudi Juliani to represent Activision in the Manuel Noriega Call of Duty: Black Ops II lawsuit
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan