E3 2014: Nintendo takes on Skylanders and Disney Infinity with Amiibo
Following in the footsteps of Disney and Activision, Nintendo has stated that they will be launching a series of figures that will interact with various titles.
The first series of Amiibo figures will feature Pikachu, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, the Animal Crossing Villager, Link, Kirby, the Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, and Donkey Kong. The figures will work by being pressed against the Wii U Game Pad.
Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Mario Party 10 are all reported to support Amiibos. However, Nintendo did not share specifics on any titles except Super Smash Bros., stating that you would be able to conjure the Amiibo into the game to assist you, spar against you, or fight with other Amiibos.
Nintendo will also in 2015 release a peripheral that will allow Amiibo support for the 3DS.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny