E3 2014: Nintendo takes on Skylanders and Disney Infinity with Amiibo
Following in the footsteps of Disney and Activision, Nintendo has stated that they will be launching a series of figures that will interact with various titles.
The first series of Amiibo figures will feature Pikachu, Mario, Peach, Yoshi, the Animal Crossing Villager, Link, Kirby, the Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, and Donkey Kong. The figures will work by being pressed against the Wii U Game Pad.
Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Mario Party 10 are all reported to support Amiibos. However, Nintendo did not share specifics on any titles except Super Smash Bros., stating that you would be able to conjure the Amiibo into the game to assist you, spar against you, or fight with other Amiibos.
Nintendo will also in 2015 release a peripheral that will allow Amiibo support for the 3DS.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone