GTA IV sales bolster Take-Two
Announcing their second-quarter financial results today, Take-Two reveal that Grand Theft Auto IV has now shipped 11 million copies, with a whopping 8.5 million sales amassed since the game's launch.
Take-Two also told investors that sales of BioShock have now passed 2.2 million copies, which we think counts as more good news.
Net profit for the quarter, which ended on April 30th, was 98.2 million USD. Revenue was also up 160% on the year earlier.
Finally, we also hear that GTA IV accounted for 78% of the publisher's sales during quarter-two.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3