GTA IV sales bolster Take-Two
Announcing their second-quarter financial results today, Take-Two reveal that Grand Theft Auto IV has now shipped 11 million copies, with a whopping 8.5 million sales amassed since the game's launch.
Take-Two also told investors that sales of BioShock have now passed 2.2 million copies, which we think counts as more good news.
Net profit for the quarter, which ended on April 30th, was 98.2 million USD. Revenue was also up 160% on the year earlier.
Finally, we also hear that GTA IV accounted for 78% of the publisher's sales during quarter-two.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave