GTA IV sales bolster Take-Two
Announcing their second-quarter financial results today, Take-Two reveal that Grand Theft Auto IV has now shipped 11 million copies, with a whopping 8.5 million sales amassed since the game's launch.
Take-Two also told investors that sales of BioShock have now passed 2.2 million copies, which we think counts as more good news.
Net profit for the quarter, which ended on April 30th, was 98.2 million USD. Revenue was also up 160% on the year earlier.
Finally, we also hear that GTA IV accounted for 78% of the publisher's sales during quarter-two.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny