Tecmo deny Itagaki accusations, MS say thank you
Speaking to blog Kotaku, Microsoft has publicly thanked game designer Tomonobu Itagaki for his vocal support of the Xbox console across two generations.
"Tomonobu Itagaki has decided to leave Tecmo and Team Ninja to pursue other opportunities. We thank Tomonobu Itagaki for the many years he has supported Xbox as he has contributed immensely to the success of the videogame industry as a whole," read the platform holder's unusual praise for the Japanese game designer, who just completed work on Ninja Gaiden II.
His departure from Team Ninja and Tecmo has been less than placid however, the designer vowing to sue the game maker over alleged unpaid royalties.
Tecmo, however, describe Itagaki's assertions as a "distortion", the developer stating that the bonus system referred to by him is something left over from the previous management - rather than a broken contract.
More as we get it on this.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light