Resi 5 co-op, cover system hinted
Speaking at Capcom's Las Vegas press shindig last week, Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeunchi has refused to be drawn on whether the new RE will include drop-in online co-op and an advanced cover system, despite a withdrawn press release to that effect.
Chatting about the new survival horror title at Captivate 08, he refused to talk about these two killer features, urging the gaming press to be patient and wait for E3 in July.
Apparently, the game is 60% compete, Takeuchi-san lifting the lid on a new female companion, a mysterious lass with an English accent, who'll be aiding Redfield on his adventure. She's something of an enigma for now, it would seem, Capcom declining to reveal her name at this time.
The game promises to include similar controls to Resident Evil 4, but with the promise of one "major difference".
RE5 is due out on PS3 and Xbox 360, prior to April 2009.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One