Resi 5 co-op, cover system hinted
Speaking at Capcom's Las Vegas press shindig last week, Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeunchi has refused to be drawn on whether the new RE will include drop-in online co-op and an advanced cover system, despite a withdrawn press release to that effect.
Chatting about the new survival horror title at Captivate 08, he refused to talk about these two killer features, urging the gaming press to be patient and wait for E3 in July.
Apparently, the game is 60% compete, Takeuchi-san lifting the lid on a new female companion, a mysterious lass with an English accent, who'll be aiding Redfield on his adventure. She's something of an enigma for now, it would seem, Capcom declining to reveal her name at this time.
The game promises to include similar controls to Resident Evil 4, but with the promise of one "major difference".
RE5 is due out on PS3 and Xbox 360, prior to April 2009.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year