Resi 5 co-op, cover system hinted
Speaking at Capcom's Las Vegas press shindig last week, Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeunchi has refused to be drawn on whether the new RE will include drop-in online co-op and an advanced cover system, despite a withdrawn press release to that effect.
Chatting about the new survival horror title at Captivate 08, he refused to talk about these two killer features, urging the gaming press to be patient and wait for E3 in July.
Apparently, the game is 60% compete, Takeuchi-san lifting the lid on a new female companion, a mysterious lass with an English accent, who'll be aiding Redfield on his adventure. She's something of an enigma for now, it would seem, Capcom declining to reveal her name at this time.
The game promises to include similar controls to Resident Evil 4, but with the promise of one "major difference".
RE5 is due out on PS3 and Xbox 360, prior to April 2009.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive