Deep Silver gives more details on Dead Island 2
Deep Silver has released more details on their newly unveiled survival sequel Dead Island 2.
Development duties on the series have passed from creators Techland to Yager, the German studio behind Spec Ops: The Line. As a result the game is being developed using the Unreal Engine 4 instead of Techland's Chrome 5 engine.
Dead Island 2 will offer the same combination of free-roaming, foraging, weapon crafting and melee combat but leveraging next-gen console hardware has allowed Yager to expand the co-op muliplayer elements from four players up to eight players in the same drop-in/drop-out way that made the original game so popular.
Dead Island 2 will be released on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One in the spring of 2015.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release