Deep Silver gives more details on Dead Island 2
Deep Silver has released more details on their newly unveiled survival sequel Dead Island 2.
Development duties on the series have passed from creators Techland to Yager, the German studio behind Spec Ops: The Line. As a result the game is being developed using the Unreal Engine 4 instead of Techland's Chrome 5 engine.
Dead Island 2 will offer the same combination of free-roaming, foraging, weapon crafting and melee combat but leveraging next-gen console hardware has allowed Yager to expand the co-op muliplayer elements from four players up to eight players in the same drop-in/drop-out way that made the original game so popular.
Dead Island 2 will be released on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One in the spring of 2015.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year