Deep Silver gives more details on Dead Island 2
Deep Silver has released more details on their newly unveiled survival sequel Dead Island 2.
Development duties on the series have passed from creators Techland to Yager, the German studio behind Spec Ops: The Line. As a result the game is being developed using the Unreal Engine 4 instead of Techland's Chrome 5 engine.
Dead Island 2 will offer the same combination of free-roaming, foraging, weapon crafting and melee combat but leveraging next-gen console hardware has allowed Yager to expand the co-op muliplayer elements from four players up to eight players in the same drop-in/drop-out way that made the original game so popular.
Dead Island 2 will be released on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One in the spring of 2015.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes