Deep Silver gives more details on Dead Island 2
Deep Silver has released more details on their newly unveiled survival sequel Dead Island 2.
Development duties on the series have passed from creators Techland to Yager, the German studio behind Spec Ops: The Line. As a result the game is being developed using the Unreal Engine 4 instead of Techland's Chrome 5 engine.
Dead Island 2 will offer the same combination of free-roaming, foraging, weapon crafting and melee combat but leveraging next-gen console hardware has allowed Yager to expand the co-op muliplayer elements from four players up to eight players in the same drop-in/drop-out way that made the original game so popular.
Dead Island 2 will be released on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One in the spring of 2015.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3