Deep Silver gives more details on Dead Island 2
Deep Silver has released more details on their newly unveiled survival sequel Dead Island 2.
Development duties on the series have passed from creators Techland to Yager, the German studio behind Spec Ops: The Line. As a result the game is being developed using the Unreal Engine 4 instead of Techland's Chrome 5 engine.
Dead Island 2 will offer the same combination of free-roaming, foraging, weapon crafting and melee combat but leveraging next-gen console hardware has allowed Yager to expand the co-op muliplayer elements from four players up to eight players in the same drop-in/drop-out way that made the original game so popular.
Dead Island 2 will be released on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One in the spring of 2015.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto