Sony believes Destiny will the PS4's biggest system seller
Sony has confidence that their partnership with Activision on Destiny will give the PS4 a huge sales lift.
SCEE boss Jim Ryan is confident that Bungie's epic new online FPS will prove to be the PS4's biggest system seller even with games like The Last of Us, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Far Cry 4 coming to the console this year.
“If I had to pick one, it’d probably be Destiny,” Ryan enthused. “We’re partnered up with Activision on that. The intensity and depth that the two organizations are working at is something I’ve never seen before. Both really want to make this work in a really serious way."
He continued, “The game is obviously multi-format so it will be out on Xbox One and 360, as it will be on PS3. But I think, certainly in our eyes, the main prize is the PS4 version of the game. We want to make that absolutely enormous.”
Destiny is due out on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th world wide. The PS4-exclusive alpha begins today and the PS4 and PS3 beta will begin on July the 19th.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title