Sony believes Destiny will the PS4's biggest system seller
Sony has confidence that their partnership with Activision on Destiny will give the PS4 a huge sales lift.
SCEE boss Jim Ryan is confident that Bungie's epic new online FPS will prove to be the PS4's biggest system seller even with games like The Last of Us, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Far Cry 4 coming to the console this year.
“If I had to pick one, it’d probably be Destiny,” Ryan enthused. “We’re partnered up with Activision on that. The intensity and depth that the two organizations are working at is something I’ve never seen before. Both really want to make this work in a really serious way."
He continued, “The game is obviously multi-format so it will be out on Xbox One and 360, as it will be on PS3. But I think, certainly in our eyes, the main prize is the PS4 version of the game. We want to make that absolutely enormous.”
Destiny is due out on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th world wide. The PS4-exclusive alpha begins today and the PS4 and PS3 beta will begin on July the 19th.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released