Sony believes Destiny will the PS4's biggest system seller
Sony has confidence that their partnership with Activision on Destiny will give the PS4 a huge sales lift.
SCEE boss Jim Ryan is confident that Bungie's epic new online FPS will prove to be the PS4's biggest system seller even with games like The Last of Us, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Far Cry 4 coming to the console this year.
“If I had to pick one, it’d probably be Destiny,” Ryan enthused. “We’re partnered up with Activision on that. The intensity and depth that the two organizations are working at is something I’ve never seen before. Both really want to make this work in a really serious way."
He continued, “The game is obviously multi-format so it will be out on Xbox One and 360, as it will be on PS3. But I think, certainly in our eyes, the main prize is the PS4 version of the game. We want to make that absolutely enormous.”
Destiny is due out on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th world wide. The PS4-exclusive alpha begins today and the PS4 and PS3 beta will begin on July the 19th.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year