Sony believes Destiny will the PS4's biggest system seller
Sony has confidence that their partnership with Activision on Destiny will give the PS4 a huge sales lift.
SCEE boss Jim Ryan is confident that Bungie's epic new online FPS will prove to be the PS4's biggest system seller even with games like The Last of Us, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Far Cry 4 coming to the console this year.
“If I had to pick one, it’d probably be Destiny,” Ryan enthused. “We’re partnered up with Activision on that. The intensity and depth that the two organizations are working at is something I’ve never seen before. Both really want to make this work in a really serious way."
He continued, “The game is obviously multi-format so it will be out on Xbox One and 360, as it will be on PS3. But I think, certainly in our eyes, the main prize is the PS4 version of the game. We want to make that absolutely enormous.”
Destiny is due out on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th world wide. The PS4-exclusive alpha begins today and the PS4 and PS3 beta will begin on July the 19th.
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar