GTA IV boosts UK retail sales
The Wall Street Journal this week reveal that the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV actually gave the UK economy a welcome boost last month, helping the the Bank of England battle the world's present economic woes.
Retail sales were apparently expected to fall by as much as 0.5% last month, but the actual figure was only 0.2%, Grand Theft Auto IV's epic launch taking the credit for a sales activity spike.
Sales were still up 4.2% for April, from 2007, although March's activity was up 4.7% year-on-year, showing that there is still a decline underway.
Can GTA IV save the country for the month of May, too? We'll keep you posted.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America