GTA IV boosts UK retail sales
The Wall Street Journal this week reveal that the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV actually gave the UK economy a welcome boost last month, helping the the Bank of England battle the world's present economic woes.
Retail sales were apparently expected to fall by as much as 0.5% last month, but the actual figure was only 0.2%, Grand Theft Auto IV's epic launch taking the credit for a sales activity spike.
Sales were still up 4.2% for April, from 2007, although March's activity was up 4.7% year-on-year, showing that there is still a decline underway.
Can GTA IV save the country for the month of May, too? We'll keep you posted.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update