GTA IV boosts UK retail sales
The Wall Street Journal this week reveal that the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV actually gave the UK economy a welcome boost last month, helping the the Bank of England battle the world's present economic woes.
Retail sales were apparently expected to fall by as much as 0.5% last month, but the actual figure was only 0.2%, Grand Theft Auto IV's epic launch taking the credit for a sales activity spike.
Sales were still up 4.2% for April, from 2007, although March's activity was up 4.7% year-on-year, showing that there is still a decline underway.
Can GTA IV save the country for the month of May, too? We'll keep you posted.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny