GTA IV boosts UK retail sales
The Wall Street Journal this week reveal that the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV actually gave the UK economy a welcome boost last month, helping the the Bank of England battle the world's present economic woes.
Retail sales were apparently expected to fall by as much as 0.5% last month, but the actual figure was only 0.2%, Grand Theft Auto IV's epic launch taking the credit for a sales activity spike.
Sales were still up 4.2% for April, from 2007, although March's activity was up 4.7% year-on-year, showing that there is still a decline underway.
Can GTA IV save the country for the month of May, too? We'll keep you posted.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date