PC drivers now available for the Xbox One controller
Today sees the arrival of the long-awaited PC drivers for the Xbox One controller. PC gamers will now be able to enjoy their favourite PC games with the refined control offered by the Xbox One pad.
Xbox US community man Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb announced the news on his blog and on Twitter earlier today and offered download links to drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
Hryb wrote, “We know our fans have wanted PC compatibility, and we know they wanted to be able to use the Xbox One controller with the same games and applications they have been playing with using the Xbox 360 controller. We can’t wait for them to play their favorite PC games with what we consider the best controller ever made and we’re excited for fans to experience the improved D-pad, redesigned battery compartment, new comfortable design and offset analog sticks.”
“The new PC drivers will enable the Xbox One controller to be used with any game that featured gamepad support for the Xbox 360 controller,” he added. “Simply download the drivers, connect your Xbox One controller to your computer through a micro USB cable and you’ll be gaming in no time.”
To download the drivers follow the link below.
Thanks Major Nelson.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III