New Uplay bug affecting Watch Dogs
If you thought that Ubisoft had managed to put last week's Uplay Watch Dogs issues behind them then, unfortunately you'd be mistaken.
This week has seen a new bug rear its ugly head for the Uplay interactivity in Watch Dogs. A significant number to Watch Dogs players on all platforms are reporting that they have been unable to get into the game after claiming some of the game's rewards on Uplay.
The issue isn't troubling everyone but there's 201-page thread on Ubisoft's official forum (at time of writing) filled with disgruntled players who are being met with an eternal loading screen no matter whether they're playing on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One or Xbox 360.
Ubisoft has reported via the Watch Dogs Twitter feed that they are aware of the problem and are looking into it. They stated, "We're aware some of you are stuck on the loading screen. We're hard at work on isolating the problem to find a fix. If you're encountering that issue, please submit a ticket to http://support.ubi.com to help move forward. Thanks for understanding."
Until the problem is solved, if you can still play the game then just don't try and claim any of the Uplay in-game rewards.
Despite the numerous issues with Uplay Watch Dogs has still managed to be Ubisoft's most successful launch in the company's history selling 4 million copies in the first week alone.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter