Sony exec: PSP is expansionary
Speaking at Wedbush Morgan's Access Conference in New York, Sony Computer Entertainment America marking boss John Koller outlined Sony's position on the PSP handheld.
The manager said that the handheld gadget should be viewed as a lead-in, or a "gateway drug", to the console world - by which we assume Sony mean the PlayStation 3.
"In the past, it was a small screen experience. It was something that was very difficult to have from a social perspective," he told attendees. "Those things have changed.
"It’s become, from a gaming perspective, a lot different than I think we even envisioned it when we first launched it. That’s a very good thing. It’s expansionary. For us, the PSP is a very high growth, high margin business and something that is a very good product for us."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light