Sony exec: PSP is expansionary
Speaking at Wedbush Morgan's Access Conference in New York, Sony Computer Entertainment America marking boss John Koller outlined Sony's position on the PSP handheld.
The manager said that the handheld gadget should be viewed as a lead-in, or a "gateway drug", to the console world - by which we assume Sony mean the PlayStation 3.
"In the past, it was a small screen experience. It was something that was very difficult to have from a social perspective," he told attendees. "Those things have changed.
"It’s become, from a gaming perspective, a lot different than I think we even envisioned it when we first launched it. That’s a very good thing. It’s expansionary. For us, the PSP is a very high growth, high margin business and something that is a very good product for us."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone