Sony exec: PSP is expansionary
Speaking at Wedbush Morgan's Access Conference in New York, Sony Computer Entertainment America marking boss John Koller outlined Sony's position on the PSP handheld.
The manager said that the handheld gadget should be viewed as a lead-in, or a "gateway drug", to the console world - by which we assume Sony mean the PlayStation 3.
"In the past, it was a small screen experience. It was something that was very difficult to have from a social perspective," he told attendees. "Those things have changed.
"It’s become, from a gaming perspective, a lot different than I think we even envisioned it when we first launched it. That’s a very good thing. It’s expansionary. For us, the PSP is a very high growth, high margin business and something that is a very good product for us."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date