Sony exec: PSP is expansionary
Speaking at Wedbush Morgan's Access Conference in New York, Sony Computer Entertainment America marking boss John Koller outlined Sony's position on the PSP handheld.
The manager said that the handheld gadget should be viewed as a lead-in, or a "gateway drug", to the console world - by which we assume Sony mean the PlayStation 3.
"In the past, it was a small screen experience. It was something that was very difficult to have from a social perspective," he told attendees. "Those things have changed.
"It’s become, from a gaming perspective, a lot different than I think we even envisioned it when we first launched it. That’s a very good thing. It’s expansionary. For us, the PSP is a very high growth, high margin business and something that is a very good product for us."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year