E3 2014: Nintendo Reveals New IP: Code Name: STEAM
Code Name: STEAM is a turn-based strategy game based in a steampunk-esque London. It has a comic book style about it and is reminiscent of Valkryia Chonicles.
Yoshito Hirano, best known for his work on Advance Wars, will be providing the soundtrack. It is a mix of 19th century strings and rock music, which has been reported to have a great aesthetic.
The game will be shown to the public on the final day of the Nintendo Treehouse live broadcast, but to date there's little information having been released to those who didn't attend the closed-doors Nintendo conference at E3. We'll know more as details arise today.
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. will be released in 2015.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch