E3 2014: Nintendo Reveals New IP: Code Name: STEAM
Code Name: STEAM is a turn-based strategy game based in a steampunk-esque London. It has a comic book style about it and is reminiscent of Valkryia Chonicles.
Yoshito Hirano, best known for his work on Advance Wars, will be providing the soundtrack. It is a mix of 19th century strings and rock music, which has been reported to have a great aesthetic.
The game will be shown to the public on the final day of the Nintendo Treehouse live broadcast, but to date there's little information having been released to those who didn't attend the closed-doors Nintendo conference at E3. We'll know more as details arise today.
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. will be released in 2015.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title