Is The Last Guardian cancelled? Rumours say yes. Sony says no
Team ICO's long lost title The Last Guardian has hit the news again with rumours suggesting that Sony has finally cancelled the long-delayed title.
The games industry jungle drums reports that internal Sony sources told IGN Russia have stated that the PS4-makers have finally cancelled Fumito Ueda's AWOL game.
Sony's Scott Rohde responded to the rumours on Twitter saying, "Shuhei Yoshida and I laughed over this rumour at dinner. The Last Guardian has not been cancelled."
Of course this is just the latest in a will-it/won't-it saga that stretches all the way back to E3 2009 when The Last Guardian was first revealed by Sony. It has been hit by rumours of cancellation and in 2011 Fumito Ueda did leave Team ICO only to remain on the project as a freelance consultant while the title remains in development.
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row