Is The Last Guardian cancelled? Rumours say yes. Sony says no
Team ICO's long lost title The Last Guardian has hit the news again with rumours suggesting that Sony has finally cancelled the long-delayed title.
The games industry jungle drums reports that internal Sony sources told IGN Russia have stated that the PS4-makers have finally cancelled Fumito Ueda's AWOL game.
Sony's Scott Rohde responded to the rumours on Twitter saying, "Shuhei Yoshida and I laughed over this rumour at dinner. The Last Guardian has not been cancelled."
Of course this is just the latest in a will-it/won't-it saga that stretches all the way back to E3 2009 when The Last Guardian was first revealed by Sony. It has been hit by rumours of cancellation and in 2011 Fumito Ueda did leave Team ICO only to remain on the project as a freelance consultant while the title remains in development.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015