GTA IV takes US software crown
More from those ever-statistical NPD reports now, word reaching us that GTA IV was comfortably the best selling game in North America last month. On the Xbox 360, too.
The 360 version of Rockstar's opus took 1.85 million sales, with Mario Kart Wii second on 1.12 million, followed by the PS3 version of GTA IV third with 1 million. The fact that the PS3 version passed one million, given the installed base, must cheer Sony somewhat, the company also claiming a superior attach-rate.
Wii Play was fourth on 360,000, Super Smash Bros. fifth and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sixth. Meanwhile the two latest Pokemon DS titles share seventh and eighth, Guitar Hero III ninth and Call of Duty 4 tenth.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release