GTA IV takes US software crown
More from those ever-statistical NPD reports now, word reaching us that GTA IV was comfortably the best selling game in North America last month. On the Xbox 360, too.
The 360 version of Rockstar's opus took 1.85 million sales, with Mario Kart Wii second on 1.12 million, followed by the PS3 version of GTA IV third with 1 million. The fact that the PS3 version passed one million, given the installed base, must cheer Sony somewhat, the company also claiming a superior attach-rate.
Wii Play was fourth on 360,000, Super Smash Bros. fifth and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sixth. Meanwhile the two latest Pokemon DS titles share seventh and eighth, Guitar Hero III ninth and Call of Duty 4 tenth.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims