GTA IV takes US software crown
More from those ever-statistical NPD reports now, word reaching us that GTA IV was comfortably the best selling game in North America last month. On the Xbox 360, too.
The 360 version of Rockstar's opus took 1.85 million sales, with Mario Kart Wii second on 1.12 million, followed by the PS3 version of GTA IV third with 1 million. The fact that the PS3 version passed one million, given the installed base, must cheer Sony somewhat, the company also claiming a superior attach-rate.
Wii Play was fourth on 360,000, Super Smash Bros. fifth and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sixth. Meanwhile the two latest Pokemon DS titles share seventh and eighth, Guitar Hero III ninth and Call of Duty 4 tenth.
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back