E3 2014: Shovel Knight to hit 3DS and Wii U June 26th
Shovel Knight, the colorful 2D side-scrolling platform game developed by indie studio Yacht Club Games, is headed for an imminent release, revealed at this week's Nintendo Treehouse event. The color palette is a homage to the NES with bright pastels abounding, and it looks absolutely fantastic.
The Shovel Knight wields a shovel which he uses to attack enemies, destroy the environment, and dig up treasure. He can also use it as a pogo stick to bounce off the ground or onto the heads of enemies.
Shovel Knight combines the retro-chic aesthetic with tight gameplay and is a worthy successor to the venerable platforming genre.
Shovel Knight releases on the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Steam June 26, 2014 - not much longer to wait now!
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released