E3 2014: Shovel Knight to hit 3DS and Wii U June 26th
Shovel Knight, the colorful 2D side-scrolling platform game developed by indie studio Yacht Club Games, is headed for an imminent release, revealed at this week's Nintendo Treehouse event. The color palette is a homage to the NES with bright pastels abounding, and it looks absolutely fantastic.
The Shovel Knight wields a shovel which he uses to attack enemies, destroy the environment, and dig up treasure. He can also use it as a pogo stick to bounce off the ground or onto the heads of enemies.
Shovel Knight combines the retro-chic aesthetic with tight gameplay and is a worthy successor to the venerable platforming genre.
Shovel Knight releases on the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Steam June 26, 2014 - not much longer to wait now!
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light