E3 2014: Shovel Knight to hit 3DS and Wii U June 26th
Shovel Knight, the colorful 2D side-scrolling platform game developed by indie studio Yacht Club Games, is headed for an imminent release, revealed at this week's Nintendo Treehouse event. The color palette is a homage to the NES with bright pastels abounding, and it looks absolutely fantastic.
The Shovel Knight wields a shovel which he uses to attack enemies, destroy the environment, and dig up treasure. He can also use it as a pogo stick to bounce off the ground or onto the heads of enemies.
Shovel Knight combines the retro-chic aesthetic with tight gameplay and is a worthy successor to the venerable platforming genre.
Shovel Knight releases on the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Steam June 26, 2014 - not much longer to wait now!
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year