E3 2014: Shovel Knight to hit 3DS and Wii U June 26th
Shovel Knight, the colorful 2D side-scrolling platform game developed by indie studio Yacht Club Games, is headed for an imminent release, revealed at this week's Nintendo Treehouse event. The color palette is a homage to the NES with bright pastels abounding, and it looks absolutely fantastic.
The Shovel Knight wields a shovel which he uses to attack enemies, destroy the environment, and dig up treasure. He can also use it as a pogo stick to bounce off the ground or onto the heads of enemies.
Shovel Knight combines the retro-chic aesthetic with tight gameplay and is a worthy successor to the venerable platforming genre.
Shovel Knight releases on the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Steam June 26, 2014 - not much longer to wait now!
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced