E3 2014: Shovel Knight to hit 3DS and Wii U June 26th
Shovel Knight, the colorful 2D side-scrolling platform game developed by indie studio Yacht Club Games, is headed for an imminent release, revealed at this week's Nintendo Treehouse event. The color palette is a homage to the NES with bright pastels abounding, and it looks absolutely fantastic.
The Shovel Knight wields a shovel which he uses to attack enemies, destroy the environment, and dig up treasure. He can also use it as a pogo stick to bounce off the ground or onto the heads of enemies.
Shovel Knight combines the retro-chic aesthetic with tight gameplay and is a worthy successor to the venerable platforming genre.
Shovel Knight releases on the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Steam June 26, 2014 - not much longer to wait now!
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet