Smart money on PS3 in 2005
Gamesindustry.biz tantalises us with a rather interesting report this afternoon, in which they discuss the likelihood of a Playstation 3 launch sometime in 2005. This speculation comes as PS3 memory manufacturer Elpida confirm that they'll be beginning production on memory modules for the console in late 2004, and ramping-up output into 2005.
Toshiba, another company involved with PS3 internal bits, will also be following a similar production schedule it is believed, which seems to point towards a Japanese launch in 2005 - with other areas following.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter