Smart money on PS3 in 2005
Gamesindustry.biz tantalises us with a rather interesting report this afternoon, in which they discuss the likelihood of a Playstation 3 launch sometime in 2005. This speculation comes as PS3 memory manufacturer Elpida confirm that they'll be beginning production on memory modules for the console in late 2004, and ramping-up output into 2005.
Toshiba, another company involved with PS3 internal bits, will also be following a similar production schedule it is believed, which seems to point towards a Japanese launch in 2005 - with other areas following.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer