Smart money on PS3 in 2005
Gamesindustry.biz tantalises us with a rather interesting report this afternoon, in which they discuss the likelihood of a Playstation 3 launch sometime in 2005. This speculation comes as PS3 memory manufacturer Elpida confirm that they'll be beginning production on memory modules for the console in late 2004, and ramping-up output into 2005.
Toshiba, another company involved with PS3 internal bits, will also be following a similar production schedule it is believed, which seems to point towards a Japanese launch in 2005 - with other areas following.
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow