Firmware could fix GTA IV on PS3
A new firmware update for the PlayStation 3 could be released in order to resolve the ongoing issues some gamers are having with Rockstar's release.
After the game launched, freezing and crashing problems were reported in some quarters, Rockstar advising gamers to remove and re-install the game. Now, Sony appear to be looking into a more permanent resolution.
This from the US PlayStation forums:
There is an issue with the launch edition of the PS3 and this game, the game was checked over and passed as 100% compatible with the current version of the PS3, of course the earlier version has custom chips which mean that it is a very different animal from the current PS3 on sale.
Sony are aware of this difference and are looking into producing a new firmware just for the earlier version of the PS3.
2K games Tech Support
More on this as we get it.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey