Firmware could fix GTA IV on PS3
A new firmware update for the PlayStation 3 could be released in order to resolve the ongoing issues some gamers are having with Rockstar's release.
After the game launched, freezing and crashing problems were reported in some quarters, Rockstar advising gamers to remove and re-install the game. Now, Sony appear to be looking into a more permanent resolution.
This from the US PlayStation forums:
There is an issue with the launch edition of the PS3 and this game, the game was checked over and passed as 100% compatible with the current version of the PS3, of course the earlier version has custom chips which mean that it is a very different animal from the current PS3 on sale.
Sony are aware of this difference and are looking into producing a new firmware just for the earlier version of the PS3.
2K games Tech Support
More on this as we get it.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light