Sony claim GTA IV victory in Australia
Microsoft may already have claimed dominance for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV in Europe, but Sony reckon their PlayStation 3 took Australia, the war of words between the platform holders heating up.
"You might have seen the local Microsoft press release that came out last week," Sony Computer Entertainment Australia’s Managing Director, Michael Ephraim told IGN. "Well, I want to tell you that that is completely wrong, because what they failed to communicate or add was the 5000 GTA PS3 bundles that were sold in that week.
"When you add that in, the PS3 SKU outsold the 360 SKU definitely. We can’t comment on GTA numbers – just that one bundle and that PS3 outsold 360 at EB – and their figures aren’t factored into GfK statistics."
He then ramps matters up further, adding: "The other thing I can tell you – and I feel comfortable telling you because I’ve asked them – EB, in the standalone data…across EB in Australia, the PS3 SKU outsold the Xbox 360 SKU too."
More on this very shortly.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition