Sony claim GTA IV victory in Australia
Microsoft may already have claimed dominance for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV in Europe, but Sony reckon their PlayStation 3 took Australia, the war of words between the platform holders heating up.
"You might have seen the local Microsoft press release that came out last week," Sony Computer Entertainment Australia’s Managing Director, Michael Ephraim told IGN. "Well, I want to tell you that that is completely wrong, because what they failed to communicate or add was the 5000 GTA PS3 bundles that were sold in that week.
"When you add that in, the PS3 SKU outsold the 360 SKU definitely. We can’t comment on GTA numbers – just that one bundle and that PS3 outsold 360 at EB – and their figures aren’t factored into GfK statistics."
He then ramps matters up further, adding: "The other thing I can tell you – and I feel comfortable telling you because I’ve asked them – EB, in the standalone data…across EB in Australia, the PS3 SKU outsold the Xbox 360 SKU too."
More on this very shortly.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year