Sony claim GTA IV victory in Australia
Microsoft may already have claimed dominance for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV in Europe, but Sony reckon their PlayStation 3 took Australia, the war of words between the platform holders heating up.
"You might have seen the local Microsoft press release that came out last week," Sony Computer Entertainment Australia’s Managing Director, Michael Ephraim told IGN. "Well, I want to tell you that that is completely wrong, because what they failed to communicate or add was the 5000 GTA PS3 bundles that were sold in that week.
"When you add that in, the PS3 SKU outsold the 360 SKU definitely. We can’t comment on GTA numbers – just that one bundle and that PS3 outsold 360 at EB – and their figures aren’t factored into GfK statistics."
He then ramps matters up further, adding: "The other thing I can tell you – and I feel comfortable telling you because I’ve asked them – EB, in the standalone data…across EB in Australia, the PS3 SKU outsold the Xbox 360 SKU too."
More on this very shortly.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent