Home entering beta in November
The PlayStation Network's Home persistent world will be entering beta come November, creative director Ron Festejo has revealed.
He told Eurogamer TV that the much-delayed PS3 'social network' is in closed beta presently, which is progressing well, the developers working hard on this ambitious title.
"We have between 8,000 and 10,000 users in this closed beta phase. Around July we’re going to be expanding on the closed beta phase and allowing more people to gradually come in, and then in November this year we’ll be going to the open beta," he said.
The closed beta is also being used as a consultation process, we're told, the community offering their thoughts on the new service - as the team builds towards the open beta.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone