Home entering beta in November
The PlayStation Network's Home persistent world will be entering beta come November, creative director Ron Festejo has revealed.
He told Eurogamer TV that the much-delayed PS3 'social network' is in closed beta presently, which is progressing well, the developers working hard on this ambitious title.
"We have between 8,000 and 10,000 users in this closed beta phase. Around July we’re going to be expanding on the closed beta phase and allowing more people to gradually come in, and then in November this year we’ll be going to the open beta," he said.
The closed beta is also being used as a consultation process, we're told, the community offering their thoughts on the new service - as the team builds towards the open beta.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive