Home entering beta in November
The PlayStation Network's Home persistent world will be entering beta come November, creative director Ron Festejo has revealed.
He told Eurogamer TV that the much-delayed PS3 'social network' is in closed beta presently, which is progressing well, the developers working hard on this ambitious title.
"We have between 8,000 and 10,000 users in this closed beta phase. Around July we’re going to be expanding on the closed beta phase and allowing more people to gradually come in, and then in November this year we’ll be going to the open beta," he said.
The closed beta is also being used as a consultation process, we're told, the community offering their thoughts on the new service - as the team builds towards the open beta.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One