Sony calls time on the PSP
Sony has announced that 2014 will spell the end for their long-running handheld the PSP.
The PSP has had its ups and downs over the years. From a rocky start the PSP finally found it's ground in Japan through ad-hoc multiplayer titles like Monster Hunter. In Europe and North America it was less-well received but it did find a following with fans of JRPGs.
Shipments to retail in the US ceased back in January. Japanese shipments will cease later this month with European shipments ending later on in the year. The PSP will live on in emerging markets in Asia and Latin America for the moment though.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey