E3 2014: Square Enix announces Final Fantasy Explorers for Nintendo 3DS
Following the surprising reveal of Final Fantasy Type-0 for a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release (as well as Final Fantasy Agito), Square Enix has revealed the latest trick it had up its sleeve: Final
Fantasy Explorers, as revealed in the latest issue of Jump magazine.
Final Fantasy Explorers will feature multiple jobs, with roles such as Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, and Knight as a few of the familiar professions Final Fantasy veterans should be familiar with. The same
article reveals that a good portion of additional jobs previously featured in the last few games.
Parties will be able to support up to four players for multiplayer adventuring, with each character filling a specific role to better create a cohesive team. Each party will be tasked with defeating various Summons, though word on which will be in the game has not been announced yet.
There's not been a release date confirmed just yet for Final Fantasy Explorers, but it sure would be great if it came it out this year to join the cavalcade of other Final Fantasy goodness we just heard about.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer