E3 2014: Square Enix announces Final Fantasy Explorers for Nintendo 3DS
Following the surprising reveal of Final Fantasy Type-0 for a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release (as well as Final Fantasy Agito), Square Enix has revealed the latest trick it had up its sleeve: Final
Fantasy Explorers, as revealed in the latest issue of Jump magazine.
Final Fantasy Explorers will feature multiple jobs, with roles such as Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, and Knight as a few of the familiar professions Final Fantasy veterans should be familiar with. The same
article reveals that a good portion of additional jobs previously featured in the last few games.
Parties will be able to support up to four players for multiplayer adventuring, with each character filling a specific role to better create a cohesive team. Each party will be tasked with defeating various Summons, though word on which will be in the game has not been announced yet.
There's not been a release date confirmed just yet for Final Fantasy Explorers, but it sure would be great if it came it out this year to join the cavalcade of other Final Fantasy goodness we just heard about.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny