E3 2014: Square Enix announces Final Fantasy Explorers for Nintendo 3DS
Following the surprising reveal of Final Fantasy Type-0 for a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release (as well as Final Fantasy Agito), Square Enix has revealed the latest trick it had up its sleeve: Final
Fantasy Explorers, as revealed in the latest issue of Jump magazine.
Final Fantasy Explorers will feature multiple jobs, with roles such as Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, and Knight as a few of the familiar professions Final Fantasy veterans should be familiar with. The same
article reveals that a good portion of additional jobs previously featured in the last few games.
Parties will be able to support up to four players for multiplayer adventuring, with each character filling a specific role to better create a cohesive team. Each party will be tasked with defeating various Summons, though word on which will be in the game has not been announced yet.
There's not been a release date confirmed just yet for Final Fantasy Explorers, but it sure would be great if it came it out this year to join the cavalcade of other Final Fantasy goodness we just heard about.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like