Microsoft claims GTA IV victory
A new press release from Microsoft today claims victory for the Xbox 360 in the tussle for consumers over Grand Theft Auto IV. The game was also released on the PlayStation 3 of course.
In the UK, some 926,000 copies of Rockstar's opus were sold within five days. 514,000 were sold on the Xbox 360, 413,000 on the PS3. Microsoft say that the Xbox 360's higher sales demonstrates that gamers prefer their console.
"Today it has become clear that consumers are finding Xbox 360 the best way to experience Liberty City and we expect this trend to continue, especially with exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV episodes coming to Xbox 360 in the autumn," enthused Chris Lewis, regional VeePee.
"Grand Theft Auto has a new home on Xbox 360, and consumers are discovering how our platform can enhance the experience like no other."
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims