Microsoft claims GTA IV victory
A new press release from Microsoft today claims victory for the Xbox 360 in the tussle for consumers over Grand Theft Auto IV. The game was also released on the PlayStation 3 of course.
In the UK, some 926,000 copies of Rockstar's opus were sold within five days. 514,000 were sold on the Xbox 360, 413,000 on the PS3. Microsoft say that the Xbox 360's higher sales demonstrates that gamers prefer their console.
"Today it has become clear that consumers are finding Xbox 360 the best way to experience Liberty City and we expect this trend to continue, especially with exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV episodes coming to Xbox 360 in the autumn," enthused Chris Lewis, regional VeePee.
"Grand Theft Auto has a new home on Xbox 360, and consumers are discovering how our platform can enhance the experience like no other."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch