Microsoft claims GTA IV victory
A new press release from Microsoft today claims victory for the Xbox 360 in the tussle for consumers over Grand Theft Auto IV. The game was also released on the PlayStation 3 of course.
In the UK, some 926,000 copies of Rockstar's opus were sold within five days. 514,000 were sold on the Xbox 360, 413,000 on the PS3. Microsoft say that the Xbox 360's higher sales demonstrates that gamers prefer their console.
"Today it has become clear that consumers are finding Xbox 360 the best way to experience Liberty City and we expect this trend to continue, especially with exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV episodes coming to Xbox 360 in the autumn," enthused Chris Lewis, regional VeePee.
"Grand Theft Auto has a new home on Xbox 360, and consumers are discovering how our platform can enhance the experience like no other."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side