PS3 patch to address GTA IV problems
A new patch for the PlayStation 3 edition of Grand Theft Auto IV will be released today by Rockstar and Sony, we're told.
The patch is primarily aimed at the multiplayer side of the game, and it is said it'll improve connection stability and cut-down some of the interruptions the mode has suffered from since launch.
More generally, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the new game have been blamed for a series of crashes, Rockstar offering PS3 instructions hinting that erasing game data and re-installing can help.
Take-Two chief Strauss Zelnick, meanwhile, has told CNBC there are no 'issues' with the game at all.
"No, none whatsoever. I’d say the only issue is that someone came up to me yesterday in a restaurant and said their thumbs were hurting from the weekend," he quipped.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all