PS3 patch to address GTA IV problems
A new patch for the PlayStation 3 edition of Grand Theft Auto IV will be released today by Rockstar and Sony, we're told.
The patch is primarily aimed at the multiplayer side of the game, and it is said it'll improve connection stability and cut-down some of the interruptions the mode has suffered from since launch.
More generally, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the new game have been blamed for a series of crashes, Rockstar offering PS3 instructions hinting that erasing game data and re-installing can help.
Take-Two chief Strauss Zelnick, meanwhile, has told CNBC there are no 'issues' with the game at all.
"No, none whatsoever. I’d say the only issue is that someone came up to me yesterday in a restaurant and said their thumbs were hurting from the weekend," he quipped.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date