GTA IV sold nearly one million in five days
News in from Chart-Track this morning reveals that Grand theft Auto IV sold nearly one-million copies during its first five days on sale in the United Kingdom. It seems likely if would have topped the milestone, if stocks hadn't rapidly run dry.
As it is, 926,000 sales were reported after five days, in the UK alone; 514,000 copies on Xbox 360, 413,000 copies on PS3.
This puts number four comfortably ahead of the last iteration, San Andreas, which managed 501,000 copies on day one and 677,000 in its first week. This was of course on the PS2 alone, so for one format it maintains the record, however GTA IV now leads the charge in combined figures.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive