GTA IV sold nearly one million in five days
News in from Chart-Track this morning reveals that Grand theft Auto IV sold nearly one-million copies during its first five days on sale in the United Kingdom. It seems likely if would have topped the milestone, if stocks hadn't rapidly run dry.
As it is, 926,000 sales were reported after five days, in the UK alone; 514,000 copies on Xbox 360, 413,000 copies on PS3.
This puts number four comfortably ahead of the last iteration, San Andreas, which managed 501,000 copies on day one and 677,000 in its first week. This was of course on the PS2 alone, so for one format it maintains the record, however GTA IV now leads the charge in combined figures.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One