GTA IV sold nearly one million in five days
News in from Chart-Track this morning reveals that Grand theft Auto IV sold nearly one-million copies during its first five days on sale in the United Kingdom. It seems likely if would have topped the milestone, if stocks hadn't rapidly run dry.
As it is, 926,000 sales were reported after five days, in the UK alone; 514,000 copies on Xbox 360, 413,000 copies on PS3.
This puts number four comfortably ahead of the last iteration, San Andreas, which managed 501,000 copies on day one and 677,000 in its first week. This was of course on the PS2 alone, so for one format it maintains the record, however GTA IV now leads the charge in combined figures.
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015