GTA IV sold nearly one million in five days
News in from Chart-Track this morning reveals that Grand theft Auto IV sold nearly one-million copies during its first five days on sale in the United Kingdom. It seems likely if would have topped the milestone, if stocks hadn't rapidly run dry.
As it is, 926,000 sales were reported after five days, in the UK alone; 514,000 copies on Xbox 360, 413,000 copies on PS3.
This puts number four comfortably ahead of the last iteration, San Andreas, which managed 501,000 copies on day one and 677,000 in its first week. This was of course on the PS2 alone, so for one format it maintains the record, however GTA IV now leads the charge in combined figures.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3