GTA IV sold nearly one million in five days
News in from Chart-Track this morning reveals that Grand theft Auto IV sold nearly one-million copies during its first five days on sale in the United Kingdom. It seems likely if would have topped the milestone, if stocks hadn't rapidly run dry.
As it is, 926,000 sales were reported after five days, in the UK alone; 514,000 copies on Xbox 360, 413,000 copies on PS3.
This puts number four comfortably ahead of the last iteration, San Andreas, which managed 501,000 copies on day one and 677,000 in its first week. This was of course on the PS2 alone, so for one format it maintains the record, however GTA IV now leads the charge in combined figures.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year