GTA IV takes UK records
This probably won't be the first news of its kind you'll be hearing this week, as we learn today that Grand Theft Auto IV broke a number of UK sales records as it debuted on Tuesday.
First day sales of 609,000 saw the game beat the previous record-holder, GTA: San Andreas, which managed 501,000 on the first day.
Next, we learn that GTA IV broke the Xbox 360's day one record, taking 335,000 compared to Halo 3's 266,000.
The game also takes the same PS3 record, beating GT5 Prologue's 80,000 by some margin, with a whopping 274,000.
This does of course mean that the Xbox 360 has sold more copies so far, though the PS3 isn't far behind, so Sony will still be hopeful the game has helped shift more consoles.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3