GTA IV takes UK records
This probably won't be the first news of its kind you'll be hearing this week, as we learn today that Grand Theft Auto IV broke a number of UK sales records as it debuted on Tuesday.
First day sales of 609,000 saw the game beat the previous record-holder, GTA: San Andreas, which managed 501,000 on the first day.
Next, we learn that GTA IV broke the Xbox 360's day one record, taking 335,000 compared to Halo 3's 266,000.
The game also takes the same PS3 record, beating GT5 Prologue's 80,000 by some margin, with a whopping 274,000.
This does of course mean that the Xbox 360 has sold more copies so far, though the PS3 isn't far behind, so Sony will still be hopeful the game has helped shift more consoles.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like