GTA IV takes UK records
This probably won't be the first news of its kind you'll be hearing this week, as we learn today that Grand Theft Auto IV broke a number of UK sales records as it debuted on Tuesday.
First day sales of 609,000 saw the game beat the previous record-holder, GTA: San Andreas, which managed 501,000 on the first day.
Next, we learn that GTA IV broke the Xbox 360's day one record, taking 335,000 compared to Halo 3's 266,000.
The game also takes the same PS3 record, beating GT5 Prologue's 80,000 by some margin, with a whopping 274,000.
This does of course mean that the Xbox 360 has sold more copies so far, though the PS3 isn't far behind, so Sony will still be hopeful the game has helped shift more consoles.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year