GTA IV takes UK records
This probably won't be the first news of its kind you'll be hearing this week, as we learn today that Grand Theft Auto IV broke a number of UK sales records as it debuted on Tuesday.
First day sales of 609,000 saw the game beat the previous record-holder, GTA: San Andreas, which managed 501,000 on the first day.
Next, we learn that GTA IV broke the Xbox 360's day one record, taking 335,000 compared to Halo 3's 266,000.
The game also takes the same PS3 record, beating GT5 Prologue's 80,000 by some margin, with a whopping 274,000.
This does of course mean that the Xbox 360 has sold more copies so far, though the PS3 isn't far behind, so Sony will still be hopeful the game has helped shift more consoles.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year