GTA IV takes UK records
This probably won't be the first news of its kind you'll be hearing this week, as we learn today that Grand Theft Auto IV broke a number of UK sales records as it debuted on Tuesday.
First day sales of 609,000 saw the game beat the previous record-holder, GTA: San Andreas, which managed 501,000 on the first day.
Next, we learn that GTA IV broke the Xbox 360's day one record, taking 335,000 compared to Halo 3's 266,000.
The game also takes the same PS3 record, beating GT5 Prologue's 80,000 by some margin, with a whopping 274,000.
This does of course mean that the Xbox 360 has sold more copies so far, though the PS3 isn't far behind, so Sony will still be hopeful the game has helped shift more consoles.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto