Spyware uses GTA IV
Gamers desperate to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto IV are becoming the unwitting target of Spyware scammers, we learn today.
Emails are being disseminated, purporting to offer gamers the chance to enter a draw for a PS3 pre-loaded with Rockstar's new game.
Sadly, in reality the emails include spyware which looks to steal personal financial data and the like.
The spammers are of course hoping to capitalise on gamers' desperation to land copies of the massive new release, with stores across the western hemisphere rapidly selling out.
"We are seeing unprecedented levels of spam in relation to the game; with more than half of the spam our service is blocking relating to Grand Theft Auto, most of which contain viruses and spyware," said Dan Field, Managing Director of www.ClearMyMail.com.
This news is taken from our sister site tech.tm.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today