Spyware uses GTA IV
Gamers desperate to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto IV are becoming the unwitting target of Spyware scammers, we learn today.
Emails are being disseminated, purporting to offer gamers the chance to enter a draw for a PS3 pre-loaded with Rockstar's new game.
Sadly, in reality the emails include spyware which looks to steal personal financial data and the like.
The spammers are of course hoping to capitalise on gamers' desperation to land copies of the massive new release, with stores across the western hemisphere rapidly selling out.
"We are seeing unprecedented levels of spam in relation to the game; with more than half of the spam our service is blocking relating to Grand Theft Auto, most of which contain viruses and spyware," said Dan Field, Managing Director of www.ClearMyMail.com.
This news is taken from our sister site tech.tm.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date