Rockstar address GTA IV 'freezes'
With anecdotal evidence from internet forums suggesting that Grand Theft Auto IV might be suffering from intermittent crashes on both launch platforms, Rockstar have initially offered advice for PS3 players.
Forumites have reported crashes and freezes following the game's intro-sequence, and the publisher say that if this happens you should delete your game data and reinstall GTA IV.
Apparently, the problem is more prevalent on the earlier 60GB model console.
How widespread this problem is remains unclear, given the entirely unrepresentative nature of online communities.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3