PSN ban for early GTA IV player debunked
According to internet chatter, one Dutch gamer has been banned from the PlayStation Network for one week, after he was caught playing Grand Theft Auto IV early online.
The game is officially released tomorrow, but there have been sporadic reports suggesting the game has been leaked over torrent networks, and even of odd stores selling it early.
The gamer in question insists he bought the game from a shop and wasn't indulging in a pirated version.
"I got it from a store called Futurzone in Rotterdam, the Netherlands," he said on a forum. "If I turn my PS3 on it wont let me log in. They send a email to me with the ban crap."
Update: A representative from the forum in question has just contacted us stating this story isn't true, and that the poster in question has been suspended. More shortly.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year