PSN ban for early GTA IV player debunked
According to internet chatter, one Dutch gamer has been banned from the PlayStation Network for one week, after he was caught playing Grand Theft Auto IV early online.
The game is officially released tomorrow, but there have been sporadic reports suggesting the game has been leaked over torrent networks, and even of odd stores selling it early.
The gamer in question insists he bought the game from a shop and wasn't indulging in a pirated version.
"I got it from a store called Futurzone in Rotterdam, the Netherlands," he said on a forum. "If I turn my PS3 on it wont let me log in. They send a email to me with the ban crap."
Update: A representative from the forum in question has just contacted us stating this story isn't true, and that the poster in question has been suspended. More shortly.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes