PSN ban for early GTA IV player debunked
According to internet chatter, one Dutch gamer has been banned from the PlayStation Network for one week, after he was caught playing Grand Theft Auto IV early online.
The game is officially released tomorrow, but there have been sporadic reports suggesting the game has been leaked over torrent networks, and even of odd stores selling it early.
The gamer in question insists he bought the game from a shop and wasn't indulging in a pirated version.
"I got it from a store called Futurzone in Rotterdam, the Netherlands," he said on a forum. "If I turn my PS3 on it wont let me log in. They send a email to me with the ban crap."
Update: A representative from the forum in question has just contacted us stating this story isn't true, and that the poster in question has been suspended. More shortly.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side