Mortal Kombat X announced with a nifty teaser trailer
NetherRealms has unveiled their next Mortal Kombat game ahead of the gaming news-fest that is E3.
The new trailer shows a battle between Sub Zero and his old enemy Scorpion with some typically brutal visual effects including the old-style slo-mo internal view of Sub Zero's ribs breaking.
One thing that isn't entirely clear from the way the trailer is presented is whether it is gameplay footage or a CGI trailer. It's probably CGI that's illustrative of the gameplay but a next-gen Mortal Kombat game could potentially offer a visual experience very close to the trailer's presentation.
The final bit of information on Mortal Kombat X given in the trailer is probably the most important of all. Mortal Kombat 10 is due for release some time in 2015. It will be heading to PS4, PS3 , Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter