Mortal Kombat X announced with a nifty teaser trailer
NetherRealms has unveiled their next Mortal Kombat game ahead of the gaming news-fest that is E3.
The new trailer shows a battle between Sub Zero and his old enemy Scorpion with some typically brutal visual effects including the old-style slo-mo internal view of Sub Zero's ribs breaking.
One thing that isn't entirely clear from the way the trailer is presented is whether it is gameplay footage or a CGI trailer. It's probably CGI that's illustrative of the gameplay but a next-gen Mortal Kombat game could potentially offer a visual experience very close to the trailer's presentation.
The final bit of information on Mortal Kombat X given in the trailer is probably the most important of all. Mortal Kombat 10 is due for release some time in 2015. It will be heading to PS4, PS3 , Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015