Analysts: PS3 to benefit from GTA IV
Outspoken analyst Michael Pachter and cohort Edward Williams have said that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV could benefit the PlayStation 3 more than it does the Xbox 360, irrespective of Microsoft's epic marketing, and the promise of exclusive DLC.
"If sales come in at the high end of that range, the game will directly spur sales of 2 million additional PS3s in 2008, versus 1 million Xbox 360s," Pachter believes, affirming "I think PS3 'wins' this battle."
"So many people who owned the PS2 went into PlayStation family because of 'GTA’. The release of 'GTA4' could expedite their decision to upgrade," adds fellow analyst Edward Williams.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3