Analysts: PS3 to benefit from GTA IV
Outspoken analyst Michael Pachter and cohort Edward Williams have said that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV could benefit the PlayStation 3 more than it does the Xbox 360, irrespective of Microsoft's epic marketing, and the promise of exclusive DLC.
"If sales come in at the high end of that range, the game will directly spur sales of 2 million additional PS3s in 2008, versus 1 million Xbox 360s," Pachter believes, affirming "I think PS3 'wins' this battle."
"So many people who owned the PS2 went into PlayStation family because of 'GTA’. The release of 'GTA4' could expedite their decision to upgrade," adds fellow analyst Edward Williams.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free