Analysts: PS3 to benefit from GTA IV
Outspoken analyst Michael Pachter and cohort Edward Williams have said that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV could benefit the PlayStation 3 more than it does the Xbox 360, irrespective of Microsoft's epic marketing, and the promise of exclusive DLC.
"If sales come in at the high end of that range, the game will directly spur sales of 2 million additional PS3s in 2008, versus 1 million Xbox 360s," Pachter believes, affirming "I think PS3 'wins' this battle."
"So many people who owned the PS2 went into PlayStation family because of 'GTA’. The release of 'GTA4' could expedite their decision to upgrade," adds fellow analyst Edward Williams.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One