Analysts: PS3 to benefit from GTA IV
Outspoken analyst Michael Pachter and cohort Edward Williams have said that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV could benefit the PlayStation 3 more than it does the Xbox 360, irrespective of Microsoft's epic marketing, and the promise of exclusive DLC.
"If sales come in at the high end of that range, the game will directly spur sales of 2 million additional PS3s in 2008, versus 1 million Xbox 360s," Pachter believes, affirming "I think PS3 'wins' this battle."
"So many people who owned the PS2 went into PlayStation family because of 'GTA’. The release of 'GTA4' could expedite their decision to upgrade," adds fellow analyst Edward Williams.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims