Analysts: PS3 to benefit from GTA IV
Outspoken analyst Michael Pachter and cohort Edward Williams have said that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV could benefit the PlayStation 3 more than it does the Xbox 360, irrespective of Microsoft's epic marketing, and the promise of exclusive DLC.
"If sales come in at the high end of that range, the game will directly spur sales of 2 million additional PS3s in 2008, versus 1 million Xbox 360s," Pachter believes, affirming "I think PS3 'wins' this battle."
"So many people who owned the PS2 went into PlayStation family because of 'GTA’. The release of 'GTA4' could expedite their decision to upgrade," adds fellow analyst Edward Williams.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes