Carmack addresses Students
Games Domain are reporting that id Supremo John Carmack will be addressing new SMU students in July at the Meadows Museum, Dallas. Sadly, the talk will be open only to Guildhall students and other members of the faculty.
Carmack is of course the technical boffin behind the game engines featured in the likes of Doom, Quake and the forthcoming Doom 3.
"We're thrilled to have John Carmack kick off our program," said Dr. Peter Raad, Director of the Hart eCenter. "John's reputation as someone who consistently unleashes the untapped possibilities of technology to enhance the gameplay experience truly complements what the Guildhall at SMU is committed to -- providing a state-of-the-art education center that enables students to succeed in the rapidly evolving world of game development."
Get back to work and finish Doom 3, wastrel!
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto