Carmack addresses Students
Games Domain are reporting that id Supremo John Carmack will be addressing new SMU students in July at the Meadows Museum, Dallas. Sadly, the talk will be open only to Guildhall students and other members of the faculty.
Carmack is of course the technical boffin behind the game engines featured in the likes of Doom, Quake and the forthcoming Doom 3.
"We're thrilled to have John Carmack kick off our program," said Dr. Peter Raad, Director of the Hart eCenter. "John's reputation as someone who consistently unleashes the untapped possibilities of technology to enhance the gameplay experience truly complements what the Guildhall at SMU is committed to -- providing a state-of-the-art education center that enables students to succeed in the rapidly evolving world of game development."
Get back to work and finish Doom 3, wastrel!
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon