Houser notes GTA IV platform differences
Speaking to 1UP.com, Rockstar big cheese Sam Houser has been talking about the visuals of Grand Theft Auto IV, noting that the game will look a little different depending on whether you play it on the PS3 or the Xbox 360.
Houser does admit that the two versions do look somewhat different, in his view, and he seems to even lean ever-so slightly the way of the PS3 edition.
"There’s a slight difference in the way they look," he offers. "I think that’s to do with really low-level technical stuff that I’m not the guy to explain.
"The 360 games have a certain look to them; PS3 games have a certain look to them. I like the way [the PS3 version] renders.
"There’s a certain kind of softness without being blurry - some warmth to it - and then there’s a certain more clinical element to how the 360 looks."
More GTA IV soon. Probably in another five-minutes, or so.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3